Thursday, April 20, 2006

Jungleland

Jungleland in Barnstaple is worth a visit if you have a spare hour to kill and you like plants. It's actually part of St Johns Garden Centre. You have to go through the Garden Centre and you'll find Jungleland at the back. The walk round will only take you fifteen minutes and that's if you walk slow. But the kids love the animated cheetah who growls loudly as you walk past. There are fish, turtles, birds and chimpminks to look at too (real ones). Then there's another lovely cafe, plus, you're right nextdoor to Tesco if you need to go shopping.

I took the children here today to distract myself from the fact that my husband had taken the day off to work on the conservatory and had spent most of the morning doing somebody else's instead! It was very calming.

3 comments:

Lively Lady said...

Stay calm girlie, it will get built one day. Everything come to he who waits, and waits, and waits.....!

Anonymous said...

actually its teripins at Jungleland (not that i go there every week...) also at christmas it gets a little makeover with and elf bandstand infront of Jungleland. (now i sound like i DO go there every week)

Anonymous said...

so many fun places to visit in Barnstaple I wish I was a kid again maybe I still am at heart. Being a grownup can be very boring Still I can always go to the Library and wait and wait and wait