Sunday, June 11, 2006

North Devon Leisure Centre



North Devon Leisure Center is located in Barnstaple across the bridge from the main town centre by the river bank. It has changed hands a lot in recent years and has come in for a bit of stick in the local press about cleanliness but it seemed OK yesterday when we went for daughter number two's birthday party. However, we did have an inordinate amount of trouble booking the party. First it couldn't be done because the only person who knew how to use the computer was on holiday, then there was a big argument about the price. I don't think I'll bother with a birthday party there again, but it's OK if you are a keen swimmer, or want to use any of the other facilities - sports hall, gym, dojo, etc.

We hired the inflatable for the party, great fun, but I think they may have it out for Joe Public to use at other times. Insider Tip: Use Lidl's car park across the road, it's free - although the public car park at the back of the centre doesn't actually cost that much.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is very good, love the pictures if you send me a picture i'll send you one of mme and we could go out for lunch and mabie do the horizontal tango!

Anonymous said...

This is very good love the pictures if you send me a picture of you I'll send you one of me and we could go for lunch and try the horizotal tango!!!

devongirlie said...

Don't tell me - so good you had to post it twice! You first, mate!