Monday, June 18, 2007

Oceanfest 2007


This years Oceanfest was a bit hit and miss as far as the weather goes, but we were lucky and hit all the good weather! Friday (schools day and free for everyone right into the evening) was a complete wash out - we gave that a miss and went in on Saturday afternoon. Lovely. We were going to camp there but by the time we thought about it everywhere was booked, so my advice for next year is too book early.


The ground was packed and there's plenty to keep everyone occupied - bike and skateboard displays, lots of stalls selling everything from jewellery through to surfboards, and of course my favourite, the music stage and beer tent. There is nothing better than sitting in the sunshine with beer and listening to live music (I might have mentioned that last year.) The Lantern FM Radio people were there with their big purple bus, they had a dalek with them and Dr Who even came out to have his photo taken with my children.

Other things for children to do include the climbing wall, trampolines and bouncy castles.


This year you could even paint a bus!


A favourite occupation of many teenagers we saw, mine included, was to see just how many freebies you could collect from various stalls. We managed a t-shirt, four bags with various goodies inside courtesy of the Devon recycle people and EA games, a magazine and a frisbee.



My husband enjoyed the ladies volleyball on the beach!



2 comments:

andy said...

Love your blog! We are Americans who are moving to Barnstaple in August. (My wife is already there, living temporarily in Ilfracombe until my 8 year old daughter and I come over. (I visited in April.) She got a job there and we have always wanted to live abroad.
I gather by your stop at Barum Gate that you do not live in Barnstaple.
Anyway, your blog is a perfect vehicle for me to send to people who want to know what the area is like.
Thanks and keep up the good work!

Andy in New Rochelle, NY,athe9a

devongirlie said...

Thanks. We do live in Barnstaple - we only went to Barum Gate for a meal, I have no idea what its like for accomodation.

I'm hoping the weather will improve so I can get out there and blog some more, there are still so many places I haven't written about!