Sunday, August 11, 2013

The Glasshouse

The Glasshouse is situated above Clayton's bar in Barnstaple. This is a photo I pinched from their website. We went here last night with some good friends to celebrate (belatedly) my husbands birthday. I've been before, during the day some years ago, when the menu was quite different, but equally as nice. The choice during the evening seems somewhat more limited - about five each of starters, mains and desserts, but it was all very very lovely. There was a lot of fish on the menu, but I had lamb, and my husband had steak. All the meals came out looking like works of art, the service was excellent, the waiters very polite, and the chocolate brownie dessert to die for. The restuarant itself is beautiful with a high glass roof and an outdoor seating area, although the weather last night precluded us from using that. A three course meal and a drinks came to just over £60 for the two of us. For a posh restuarant and top-quality food I'd say well-worth it.

No comments: